Many people want a smile they can be proud of and one way to achieve a dazzling smile is to have pearly white teeth. However, in order to maintain a bright smile, the Saratoga Springs Dentist says you should be mindful of the types of things you consume. Because of certain factors, some foods or beverages can create harsh stains on your teeth that over time can be difficult to remove.
When considering foods that can stain teeth, be sure to look out for dark pigments. Some foods or beverages stain teeth because they have an intense amount of pigmented molecules that the Saratoga Springs NY dentist call chromogens. These chromogens latch on to dental enamel and cause your teeth to become discolored.
Another thing to look out for is foods or beverages that are very acidic. Acidic foods and beverages can cause staining by eroding the dental enamel which temporarily softens teeth and makes it easier for chromogens to latch on.
One rule of thumb for determining whether or not what you’re eating will stain your teeth is to determine if it will stain your white table cloth or carpet. Some of the main foods or beverages to consider would include, wine, coffee, cola, berries, sauces (such as soy sauce, curry sauce, or tomato sauce), and sweets. Also another main culprit for staining teeth is smoking or chewing tobacco.
Even if you consume dark pigmented or acidic foods, just know that there are a variety of options to help you achieve a pearly white smile. One option that can help prevent stains on your teeth would be to brush and floss twice-a-day. To brush more effectively, be sure to ask your Dentist in Saratoga Springs about electric tooth brushes. The electric toothbrush gives you the ability to clean your teeth and to help remove any stains or residue more thoroughly. Also be sure to ask your Dentist in Saratoga Springs NY about teeth whitening treatments that can be provided in office or at home.
Blog maintained by Identity Dental Marketing Company
How We Provide the Best Cosmetic Dentistry
From Dr. Marc Johnson DDS in Saratoga Springs, NY
The following is a list of how Dr. Johnson provides the most beautiful cosmetic dentistry for his patients.
- He takes the time to evaluate the patients bite, reason for the problem and patient’s concerns.
- Dr. Johnson listens to the patient’s wants and needs and considers them in his recommendation.
- He has the experience necessary to provide top quality care.
- Dental technology allows Dr. Johnson to provide comfortable and accurate dentistry.
- Dr. Johnson has an artful eye. He knows what will look best for you.
- Our office uses the safest techniques and methods.
- Dr. Johnson’s work can last a LIFETIME. He uses durable and beautiful materials.
- Dr. Johnson cares about you AND your smile. You will never feel pressured or unsure of your treatment plan.
- Our team makes you feel at home. You will come in as a stranger and leave as a friend.
- Dentistry is Dr. Johnson’s passion. He makes sure that every case is his best yet.
To make an appointment with Dr. Johnson’s Saratoga Springs dentist office, simply email or call us today.
Article posted by Identity Dental Marketing
We will be sharing our blogs very soon. Please check back to read our advice and valuable information.